WHERE PEOPLE REALLY COUNT
At Jeff Pickering, CPA, we want to build a team that people can truly rely on and trust for all of their accounting needs and tax services. As an accounting firm that has served both in and outside of the U.S. for over 22 years, Jeff Pickering, CPA maintains a high standard that we bring to every client.
If you have the qualifications and experience that we’re looking for in our current vacancies, then apply for a position with Jeff Pickering, CPA today. We frequently offer opportunities for continuing education for our team members to ensure that everyone is up-to-date with the latest, vital information. This way clients can be absolutely sure that they’re getting the best service.
Take a look at the current listings below. If you don’t see something that matches your skills or experience, check back again to see future listings. If you’re looking for financial or tax services, please take a look at the different options our accounting firm can offer you or your business.
Senior Tax Accountant
Involve in all phases of client engagement including but not limited to assisting staff, performing technical research, reviewing returns, and communicating with the client throughout the entire process.
- Know and understand the reasons behind the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting the Comptroller to delegate work to staff accountants according to their experience and capabilities.
- Review tax working papers, tax returns, and determine that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the engagement letter.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved.
- Review and supervise staff accountants. Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff accountant.
- Responsible for completion and timely deliverables to clients.
- Supervise staff accountants, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress.
- Become experts in the assigned areas.
- CPA candidate or certification
- Prepare accounting and tax filing support for individual and business clients;
- Review information gathered from taxpayers, such as material assets, income, surpluses, liabilities and expenditures to verify net worth or reported financial status and identify potential tax issues;
- Prepare individual and corporate tax returns, financial statements, sales tax, payroll reports, regulatory compliance, tax strategy and planning;
- Provide accounting services and products that help individuals and companies to resolve their financial, investment and tax issues;
- Perform monthly accounting and compliance works for multiple clients;
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax, sales tax returns, W-2s, and 1099 Forms;
- Ensure that clients are in compliance with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other tax authority requirements;
- Advise corporate clients on issues pertaining to retirement accounts, qualified plans, profit-sharing plans, SEP plans, and more;
- Research and keep abreast of all relevant tax law and regulations;
- Carry out specific accounting projects as assigned.
A tax internship opportunity is available in our firm for an individual seeking to gain valuable experience in public accounting performing a variety of tax engagements. For qualified, motivated applicants, this position offers exposure to a leading firm providing valuable accounting and tax solutions for individuals and business.
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership and not-for-profit returns to meet government requirements and deadlines and client expectations
- Prepare tax planning and research
- Prepare payroll tax reports and property tax reports to ensure compliance
- Develop a working knowledge of individual and corporate tax laws
- Develop working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned to meet client interviews
- Clearly document procedures performing using Word/Excel
- Bookkeeping with the documents provided by clients
- Review details of client QuickBooks files to ensure proper recording of transactions
- Prepare sales and use tax returns and other required fillings
- Administrative tasks as assigned